Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  shanselmanAdminshanselman (Admin, babysmash) responded  · 

Do we need more than just internationalizing the Options Dialog? Don’t we need Sounds as well? So language-specific SmashPacks?

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this in Japanese, with both hiragana and katakana option. As other posters have noted, proper recorded voices for the sounds are a must. I can help with translation and localisation.

• DominickDominick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can do the Italian Translation. What would you need other than a translation file and a TTS voice for a specific language?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we need Sounds as well! I would very cool if my son can hear the right language

• TomekTomek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello.

I also would like to help with developing Polish language version!

• Andriy SenAndriy Sen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made the changes to support alternate keyboard layouts so you could use it with other languages. I've used it with Russian and Ukrainian. Also if you'll record you voice and put it in the startup directory of the program it will use it instead of synthesized speech. I could share the changes if anyone is interested.

• Andriy SenAndriy Sen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could do Ukrainian and Russian. And I'd be really eager to help with programming to make it happen.

• Emil ZegersEmil Zegers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd welcome localization options too for both UI and Speech&Sounds. Count me in to help with Dutch translation.

• neilneil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would certainly welcome a UK English pronunciation of "Z" (Zed) instead of the US version (Zee)

• Roman BeckerRoman Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 3yo already pronounces the letters he learned from BS in English. Since we just adopted him from Kazakhstan in December 2008 the difference between the German and English pronunciation is quite confusing to him. We had to stop using BS and we are desperately awaiting a localized or localizable version. Thank you!

• PHeedePHeede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep- language specific smash packs is definitely needed. Danish is a personal strong suit when we get that far.

• Tarek D.Tarek D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scott : If you need a voice over for French letter you can contact me, I have just e-mailed you

Type : and don't force the user to DOWNLOAD any additional file if they WISH to let his kid experience with pronounication of different country, it can actually be a fun and educative experience

+1 For different language support
        However do not make language pack optional, that's an additional download
        Sure this will make your program a bit bigger, but then you keep everything nice and simple for yourself and don't force the user which want to let his kids experience with the souding in different languages. Just ask for the default language during the installation

• ilanailana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I would Suggest adding Hebrew to The Internalization of This Magnificent Program.
        I am Sure A Lot of Hebrew Speaking Parents would Love to use it for their Kids in their Own Native Language !

Thank You and keep up with the good work.

• billmichellbillmichell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

don't forget to support non-US keyboards. Pressing ' on my UK keyboard doesn't generate a response. You have to SHIFT it to a @ instead.

• danvydanvy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature could be merged with the SmashPacks, depending on what will packs contain

• splattnesplattne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very welcome. For example, an English "E" is the German "I". I could provide the German soundtrack. ;-)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base